CMCC Students’ Council Health & Dental Plan
To help Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College students pay for the health services they need, the CMCC Students’ Council has partnered with Studentcare in order to provide students with extended health and dental coverage. The Plan is designed specifically to fill the gaps in provincial health care (the Ontario Health Insurance Plan) and other basic health-care programs.
Members have access to Empower Me—a mental health and wellness service that seeks to contribute to a resilient student community by supporting existing on-campus and Studentcare mental health resources.
Empower Me allows students to connect with qualified counsellors, consultants, and life coaches for a variety of issues. As a Plan member, you are entitled to sessions delivered in person, by telephone, by video-counselling, or by e-counselling.
Connect with Empower Me
- Call the 24/7 helpline at 1 844 741-6389 (toll-free) from anywhere in North America to be directly connected to a trained counsellor—the person answering the phone is not an operator, administrator, or receptionist.
- Log in to the Empower Me website and use “Studentcare” as the password.
- Download additional Empower Me student assistance tools on the iAspiria mobile app. Enter “Studentcare” as the Login ID and select “Student” in the drop-down menu.
All students who are members of the CMCC Students’ Council are automatically covered by the Health & Dental Plan. This does not include international students.
Certain exceptions exist. Please check your student account to confirm if you have been charged the Plan fees.
Among other benefits, the Plan covers:
– 70% for prescription drugs, up to $3,000 per policy year
– 100% for vaccinations, up to $150 per policy year
– Over $1,500 for health practitioners (psychologists, massage therapists, naturopaths, etc.)
– Up to $275 in vision care (eye exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses, laser eye surgery)
– Up to $500 in dental care (checkups, cleanings, fillings, extractions, endodontics, periodontics, etc.)
– Travel health coverage (up to $5,000,000 per incident, 120 days per trip), trip cancellation and trip interruption in the event of a medical emergency
Visit www.studentcare.ca for complete details.
How Can I Save More?
You can further enhance your benefits by visiting health professionals who are members of the Dental, Vision, Pharmacy, Psychology, and Naturopathic Networks. You are covered for the insured portion regardless of the health professional you choose. By consulting a Network member, you will get additional coverage. For example, by visiting a Dental Network member, you will receive an additional 20%-30% off dental services. Visit www.studentcare.ca for more information.
How Much Does It Cost?
The Plan fee for full-year coverage (Sept. 1, 2018 – Aug. 31, 2019) is $400.00. The breakdown is $203.00 for health coverage and $197.00 for dental coverage. The cost of the Plan is part of your student fees.
Can I Change My Coverage?If you are covered by another extended health and/or dental plan (e.g. a parent’s or spouse’s employee plan, not OHIP), you can combine both plans to maximize your overall coverage and reduce or eliminate out-of-pocket costs.
If you are already covered by an equivalent health and/or dental plan (such as a parent or spouse’s employee benefit plan), you can opt out during the Change-of-Coverage Period and receive a cheque or a direct deposit for the amount of the Plan.
You can opt out from the Health and/or Dental Plan upon showing proof of other equivalent health and/or dental coverage. Your provincial health care doesn’t provide coverage equivalent to the CMCC-SC Health & Dental Plan. Students can’t opt out if they’re covered only by OHIP or equivalent primary health-care coverage.
You can only opt out during the Change-of-Coverage Period from Aug. 27 – Sept. 17, 2018.
Opt outs are valid for the whole policy year, from Sept. 1, 2018 – Aug. 31, 2019. If you return as an eligible student in September 2019, you’ll be automatically re-enrolled in the CMCC-SC Plan. Should you wish to opt out again next year, you must renew the opt out directly online, but you won’t have to re-submit your proof of other coverage.
Have More Questions?
Information is available online at www.studentcare.ca or by calling the Studentcare Member Services Centre at 1 877 795-4422, Mon. – Fri. from 9 am to 5 pm.